Le Corbusier and Design Thinking

I visited Zurich this weekend, and one of the purposes was to visit Heidi Weber Museum designed by Le Corbusier. Actually, I have been to Zurich three times, but I had not entered the building since for some reason the museum is open only on Saturday and Sunday from July to September.

Recently my interest has moved from design itself to the way of thinking of designers, so my focal point was not on design itself so much, but rather more on his philosophy. I was interested in a kind of movement from modernism to post modern, then Le Corbusier looked like one of the representatives of the modern age.

However, the impression I got in this trip was different. He looked more intuition-oriented. What was interesting was, that one of the descriptions in the exhibition in the museum suggested that he thought that life had two dimensions, one of which is analytical, and the other is more intuitive. I do not try to suggest Le Corbusier is the first person who started to talk about it, but somehow this kind of perspective might have existed for a long time, but still there might be a bit of difficulty in integrating the two dimensions to solve more complicated problems.

Comments

Popular Posts