remix culture

I've been involved in a project to make an animation, and we looked for music available to use in the work, then I reached a website called ccMixter. I would have to admit I was almost ignorant about remix culture because I didn't know the website.

I suppose what is the originality of art works have been argued for a long time, at least since Benjamin. The website reminded me of that one of my professors studied it when I studied aesthetics. Interestingly, in the current context, the focal point of the argument might be openness, collaboration and remix. The development of digital technology enlightened us about the fact about creativity that something usually sneaks in what we suppose to be completely original somehow.

I remember someone said about academic works, "plagiarism is unforgivable, but you should copy others as much as you can, as long as you refer to the resources".

Comments

Popular Posts