The Genius of Design

I just watched a TV series about design by BBC titled "The Genius of Design". After watching 2 episodes, I was really attracted by the program, I watched the whole five episodes almost without any stop. However, for some reason, it became gradually a bit boring. Maybe the history after 1990s might not be mature enough to be described and analysed objectively.

The episode 3 focused on the influence of the second world war on design, and the focal point was a little bit new for me. The interpretation of IKEA was also interesting. Many furniture designers try to make more expensive furniture, but they try to make more reasonable one for many people to be affordable.

When I saw the scene of an auction for a designer's chair, it just reminded me of a message from OMA,"stararchitects accepted a faustian bargain where they became more prominent, but their role less significant ...".

Comments

Popular Posts