Research Ethics, more important than I expected, or reality is really fragile!

To be honest with you, I had never thought about research ethics before I engaged in PhD study. More or less, the purpose of PhD research is to create new knowledge in the world. However, one of the problems is that how to verify your ideas is not completely established. I mean there are a lot of ways to prove your ideas. Generally speaking, scientific approach is regarded as the most reliable methodology of verification, but if you  read a bit about philosophy of science, you could see that even the reliability of scientific methodology is not perfectly reliable.

Therefore, the ethics of research is important. We need to have a right mind set and right scheme to pursue new knowledge. I would recommend people who want to be a researcher to understand that concept and what kind of guidelines are usually provided for it.

Comments

Popular Posts