The vast ocean of Information

Recently, I've been sitting in front of my desk and laptop to finish my dissertation. I began to realise that there are really a lot of information available on the Internet. You can read a lot of academic papers for free by just googling. However, ironically it requires us to stay focus. Focus on your purpose, objectives and outcome you are expected to produce, otherwise you drawn in the vast ocean of information.

As Barry Schwartz talkes in TED, the more choices you get, the more paralysed and dissatisfied you are.

I just posted about the imporatnce of focusing outputs few days ago, and this would be one of the reasons. For some reason, my way of thinking is to try to cover everything and to be objective. That kind of way of thinking might be still important, but in most cases, thinking specifically and subjectively might be required in the era of the vast oscean of information.

Comments

Popular Posts